Skip to main content

OUR APRIL FOOL'S DAY :o)

This is what we did and let me tell you, it was fun.

First we prepared Oreo cookies. We scraped off the filling and refilled them with toothpaste :o) The white minty kind.

We got all of the kids in the kitchen, made a game out of eating the cookies. Getting them all to dunk them in milk, the older ones challenging them to eat two or three at once. It was so funny. The caregiver even got hit.....LOL. She asked for some, so we gave her two. Just as it was time for the contest to begin, she licked the "frosting" off and made this horrid face, knew in a second that it was not as she thought, but she held it together so the prank would not be ruined.

We were totally prepared for one or two of the kids to eat the cookies. We gave one son normal cookies as we knew he would not get it. Then we gave McClain normal cookies as he has some food aversions. This help fuel the trust as those two were eating away.....LOL.

Anyway, Micah took one bite and put it down and started making his funny laugh. He just kept laughing and looking at the cookies. Mordachi ate BOTH of his...oh my. LisaMarie got down right mad...but that is because she didn't get to eat the cookies...not to worry, we gave them all good Oreo's after the fact :o) Joey just kept looking at us and making faces and laughing as we were laughing.

Jeremy was somewhat mad as he had said over and over we would not get him this year...ha!!!!!!

Now, Jesse was having a teen fit so he would not come up when wee called him. Oh well...we want ahead. It worked out great cause when he did come up, the kids offered him two cookies and he took them. Poor McClain he was trying to hold it all in as Jesse was taking a bite of cookie, McClain busted out laughing...toothpaste....Another victim. Then as if it couldn't get better....we were just about all cleaned up when the PCA worker got here. LisaMarie offer her a cookie. So Amanda did not want to hurt her feelings so she took it. Suspense was great. Again McClain is going to bust a gut but he holds it in just till she tastes the cookie. Then he starts yelling toothpaste. It worked out again.

So much better than we could have ever thought. It was funnier than we could have ever dreamed and even today it was all over the school. No one could believe we even had the time to scrape clean so many cookies and prepare them.

Now, gotta get thinking about next year. They will all be older and wiser.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Berta,
That is so freaking funny!! I do hope you took photos??? Please share them with us!
I am gonna try that on my kids next year!!!
We didn't have any trickery this year --- bummer
Anonymous said…
sounds like so much fun i would love to have fun like that with my
kids..unfort i came home from work so tired that we did nothing but eat
dinner they went to bed and then i did shortly after...not much fun for
april fools..
Anonymous said…
Roberta,

I am laughing and chuckling so much - thank you so for that wonderful
visual. What a sight! I remember having so much fun with April Fools Day as
a kid - and alas I've gotten older - I guess we all do - but you are living
proof that you don't have to grow up as we get older!

Thanks!

Sue
Anonymous said…
The real side of Roberta comes out...LOL. Now who is the evil wicked one???
Anonymous said…
You always were the one to play jokes on us growing up. Your sense of humor is sharper than ever. I was laughing so hard when you told me about doing this. I wish I had done something this fun with Kassie and Breezy. Too funny!!! Love you. Tammy
Anonymous said…
I can only imagine the site. A 3 ring circus has nothing on you guys….Lee
Anonymous said…
...you are such a wonderful family..

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i