Skip to main content

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...37 YEARS TO BE EXACT

June 30, 2015  It has taken 37 years to arrive at this special day. I find it amazing that we have been married this long. I can't imagine being with anyone else but Merrill.

Merrill has a new to him trike. It is not the right time to post a picture of it as he has a few people he wants to show it to first. He is so excited about it. Anyway, he took the day off and planned a ride for just the two of us to go to Sacramento to eat at Joe's Crab Shack. It is one of our favorite places to eat. 





We left the house so excited. It was our day, just the two of us. As we were leaving town, we stopped at Walmart.....we always stop at Walmart. It is just what we do....LOL. We loved the ride up to Lake Tahoe. There are parts of it that just take your breath away. We really enjoy those places. As we were enjoying the ride, I felt a strange heating sensation on my leg,,,,,well it actually felt as if my leg was going to flat out burn up. We had to make a stop to figure this all out.


We stopped at CVS and managed to locate two beach type blankets. They should provide the much needed barrier. So back on the bike, leg wrapped. we are now ready to go.




I wish that the issues stopped there, but they did not. LOL. We ran out of gas, the heat index continued to rise beyond anything we thought possible. We were hotter than any two fritters I have ever had!!! The motorcycle was running hot and I was burning all over. We stopped and we took a break, we would try to cool down, but I was over heating. We finally stopped in Folsom and I believe that I was on the verge of a heat stroke. Poor Merrill, he felt so bad and he was doing everything to help care for me. Funny thing, through all this hell, we both just kept trying to keep our eye on the prize, "Joe's Crab Shack".


We got back on and made it a bit further. Off again, a very tall glass if ice tea. It became our go to drink for the entire day. 


Finally we arrived. A bit worse for the wear and tear. Well to be honest, we looked like something the cat might have drug in. Thankfully we only had eyes for each other. We combed our hair and took what was to be our one last selfie for the day:




We were slowly cooling down, but for some reason did not feel cool at all. Well no wonder, the air conditioning at Joe's was broken. It was near 90 degrees INSIDE!!!!!!! We laughed, ordered more ice tea and ate our dinner rather slowly. It worked out for us.


We left about 7, still hot, in a bunch of pain and considering a hotel. Instead, we stopped at Walmart , bought a bunch of larger rubber bands and rearranged the blankets. While still a tad on the hot side, it worked and we made home our new goal. It was not easy at all. Several more stops, a lot more Ice Tea and we hit home about 11:30.


So, what did we learn?? Well, that special day actually taught us both so much, 1st, we are so totally in love with each other. We stick together to get the job at hand done. We do not really look for a way out, but rather a way to complete what we sat out to do.


Yesterday told the story of our love and commitment to each other and of our life together. Our journey has had more than its fair share of ups and downs.  We have face more hard times than most people will ever know, but we forge on, together, as team that God brought together. Life has gotten really tough, but somehow we get through it.


God has always been there for us. He loves us and His plan for us is perfect. We mess up at times, but we try to get back on track.

Yes, our anniversary did not go the way we wanted it too, but we made it. We have laughed about it and that is what it is all about. Laughter, togetherness, love, commitment and our family.


.

Comments

Tammy said…
Y'all are amazing. Truly an inspiration to all. I'm so proud to be your sister. I love you both so much.

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i