Skip to main content

The Children Go Snowmobile Riding

Okay, this was about the most fun we have ever had with the children. I think that we smiled and laughed the entire time. While Merrill and I were away for a few days, we saw a family friendly snowmobile riding place. We got out and talked to them and told them all about the children. We worked things out so that they could accomodate the many special needs. This was going to be a huge surprise for them.


So, they all expected that we were going to take them tubing, so it was no big deal that they got on their snow clothes. We headed up to the lake, excitement building. Nearing the last few minutes I asked them who wanted to go tubing and they all yelled with joy. Haha....I then said we are not going tubing. Many were getting upset...but before they got too upset, I told them....who wants to go snowmobile riding. Oh my...they got really excited at that point.


Here are some pictures so you can enjoy our day as much as we did.

McClain, Joey, LisaMarie and Mordachi waiting for their turn.


Jesse letting LisaMarie drive. He has nerves of steel.


McClain jumping off so Joey can jump on. Mom driving.


Jericho is waiting his turn.


Merrill facing reality that his daughter will be a speed demon.


Joey driving?? McClain riding...not.


Reality...really this is!!


This is how Jericho rode the entire time. Gotta love a boy who can suck his thumb in the face of danger.


Mom and McClain


McClain acting silly


Notice the tongue.


It never goes in.


LisaMarie and Jericho. She is such a great sister.


Micah was so happy to do this.


A HAPPY, HAPPY Day!!!

Yes, that was picture heavy. We had a wonderful time. I really can't express how hard Merrill and I try to give the children a normal life. It would be easy to just leave them home and take the easy way out. Still we have lived our lives believing that they have a right to a childhood. It is what drives us and it is what brings all of us so much joy.

Now, for a few highlights...

LisaMarie when she said...going about 2 miles an hour around a corner "Hold On Mama"

Micah leaning hard to the right when we needed to lean hard to the left. He nearly flipped us.

Mordachi killing my hips due to the CP and the fact he can't spread his legs very far....still laughing with real happiness.

Jesse overcoming his fear of driving the snowmobile to then become a leader and help some of the others drive.

Joey waiting his turn calmly and not getting upset
.
McClain yelling faster mom.

Jericho sucking his thumb and just taking it all in.

Jericho accepting that the helmet was a must.

Micah not knowing how to get on, but then getting on with ease before it was all over.

Micah leaning backwards like he was just kicking back in the recliner. Talk about a hard way for Mom to drive.

Races with all of us.

Such a wonderful day...........



Comments

Erica I said…
amazing! looks like so much fun!

the helmet on Jericho is precious. his little head is engulfed by the helmet, lol
Kathy Pass said…
you all looked like you had a great time good thing you like the snow
Lana said…
The pictures were great. What a wonderful time you all had.
Cousin Debbie said…
That's awesome!
Dorine Linn said…
Roberta, these photos are awesome! You are the perfect Mom for your kids! :)
Sissy said…
The pics are great and y'all are such an awesome family!
Anonymous said…
Human Perfection of Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayden said…
Wow... I had a great time reading about it... I can't imagine how much more fun it was to be there!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i