Skip to main content

ENJOYING THE MORNING...LOL



So this morning I got up knowing that I had to take Montana to see the doctor. All of the other children were in school all day, so I had a rather weak moment. While getting Maverick up, I asked him if he wanted to go bye-bye with Mommy and Montana. Of course my former number one sidekick said "YES!!!" This is his idea of a good time. He gets sick and tired of being at home. The world is his playground and he loves nothing more than being out and about...anywhere, everywhere......just not at home.

There you have it, mistake number one!!

We made it out the door on time. Maverick chatted all the way into Carson City. I was beyond joyful that I had thought to bring him along. I enjoyed my time talking with him and catching glances of him in the rear view mirror. He is such a cute boy. He has a smile that makes everyone else around him smile. He has long, black, straighter than straight hair that I refuse to cut. Everyone calls the cut we do have a Mullet. All I know is that it suits him to a tee. I failed to see the horns rising up from the back of his head. I drove on, unknowing the fate that lie ahead.

We arrived at the doctors just in time. I get Maverick out and we walk hand in hand to the other side of the van to get Montana out. All was well. Then Maverick plops rights down on the ground and before I knew it, his shoe and sock was off and he was showing me a boo boo. Okay, I can make up that precious few seconds, but then he tosses his shoe back into the van just as the door was shutting. WOW he is good. Now we are going to be late.

We get through Montana's appointment with Maverick being his cute little self. It is all good. Now on to get my TB testing done. Why oh why did I really want to take two children to do all the things that need to be done. It is not like I am a younger mom heaving and hoisting these HEAVY children, not to mention that one car seat that seems to have to go with us everywhere. Oh yes, lets dare not forget the diaper bag and feeding machine.

We pass McDonald's and Mavericks face lights up...he wants french fries. It is all good. They have a drive thru and this was one of the things we loved doing when we did everything together. So I drive thru and get his order. I pull over out of the way, get out of the car and give him his french fries and get back in.

Please no, tell me no...not Mother Nature giving me a call right then and there. All right then, now park the car, get out Maverick who is now mad because he has to leave his nice hot french fries in the car. Over to get Montana and hurry back into the store that we just drove thru to hit the ladies room. Whew the handicap stall is open...in we go. We are safe.

NOT!!!!

I go about my business talking to Maverick and Montana. They are smiling. Then at the least desirable moment, Maverick opens the door wide open, that I can not reach, to say "HI" to the gathering washing their hands and others waiting to rush in. I calmly say close the door and he laughs and says "NO", walking out and holding the door wide open.....please note he is still laughing and I am the one dying a slow death while sitting on the toilet. Life at this very moment is NOT good.

A dear grandmotherly type helps Maverick back into the stall, closes the door, says nothing and holds it shut until I could finish up. With a really red face, I manage to show myself, wash our hands and get back out to the car. Do I dare go about my day or take this two year old of mine home?? I choose to continue the day with him.

Mistake number 2.

TB testing went fine. All was well. Maverick got the Teddy Bear and he was happy. We went out all smiles and headed to WalMart. I had all but forgotten about the bathroom humiliation of earlier. I find a kid cart and everything that could be broken on it was. Still it was the only one so we were going to have to make do...haha. One itty bitty strap was all that was between a contained two year old and a wild, running free two year old. Still I forged on. Montana was sleeping peacefully...it will all be good....it has to be.

Off we go...Maverick decides to show me that foot boo boo again. Shoe goes flying. Another dear lady says, oh honey, your little GRANDSON lost his shoe. Well, I did not even address the little grandson bit, I did however tell her he threw his shoe and was being a bit naughty. I smiled and bent over to put on Mavericks shoe and he decides to start yelling "HELP" at the top of his lungs. I mean over and over. We had several people rushing over to "help" him.

I just smiled and said here, you want to put his shoe on for him??  Why did I even continue shopping? Needless to say, after the forth throw of the shoe, we left it off. He hung by the strap, testing every ounce of my being. Then Montana hit the high note. NO, please tell me no. Do we really have to go into another bathroom again...the answer was yes. So off I went like a mad women to the back of WalMart to the "family" bathroom....only to have it padlocked shut. I mean really??? What are we to do...go into the big bathroom??

So I unhooked the one strapped, one shoe,  two year old, hoist the baby, diaper bag and feeding machine and rush into the bathroom. Yes, there is a diaper changing station there. I wipe it down, lay down the pad and get the baby up there. I hold him down while I sit Maverick on the floor...do not even talk to me about sanitary. As I undress a screaming Montana I hear that sweet voiced two year old of mine say "HI". I panic, it is not coming from right below me...nope, he is peeking under the first stall. When I say Maverick, he backs out fast and then slides under the second stall to join a 20 something young lady who is now laughing at him.

Trust me, I am not laughing.

I gather up a half dressed Montana and go retrieve my not so precious two year old. Back to the changing table, finish business and get out of there....to the not so happy screams of the two year old saying "wash hands, wash hands". At this point, I did not care about any ones hands.

Somehow we manage to get out of WalMart...with our groceries and a few other things. We also forgot some things....forgive me Neal if you read this :o)

Back to our car. Unload Montana first, Unload groceries second. Unload Maverick last. Yes, you've got it.. It is his turn. A dirty diaper. Ah ha....I have him beat this time. We can take care of this one car side. So I change it. As I am pulling up his pants I notice I need to wipe his nose.

Final mistake.

He starts screaming again...."help....help". A man comes to the car and asks if I need help? I am sure he really wanting to know if I was killing my son. At that very moment Maverick yells...leave my boogie alone. I just busted out laughing. The man started laughing and we ending the outing with a whole lot of laughter.

I hope that the next time I want to take Maverick somewhere, I think about today and reconsider. Or maybe it can all be like childbirth....I will forget, take him out and face the day, ending with laughter and something else to blog about.

In the immortal words of a man I truly admired......"GOOD DAY".

Thank You Paul Harvey...you are missed.


..

Comments

Miss Linda said…
I say, get that boy a hair cut!! then he will not be a wild child.

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i