Skip to main content

CATCHING UP....AGAIN

WOW, Here as of late it seems I am always coming in from behind. I guess it is more about tending to the needs of now 15 people at home with 4 of those being only 2 and under, than anything else really. We have had Macylea and McCoy for just a little over a month now. It has been on heck of a ride.

They seem to have many more needs than we originally thought. We work with an agency called Nevada Early Intervention. McCoy was already receiving their services, but it was felt that Macylea did not need them. After some rather extensive observation and testing, Macylea is now getting 9 hours a month with them and McCoy is getting 9 hours a month also. This is including speech, feeding, behavior and developmental. We are also working with some attachment issues with Macylea. McCoy seems to be able to attach and bond but Macylea is going to be a tough nut to crack.

We have also set up an appointment with a Gastrointerologist as all three of the children seem to have some gastrointestinal issues. We first felt that it might be the difference in our food verses the home they lived in...you know my Tex-Mex Southern roots....LOL...but it seems to be much bigger than that. They have had their milk changed and Montana is on his forth type of formula, so it is felt it might just be something about their genetics. Hopefully we will find out soon. We are tired of the throwing up, the diarrhea, and the gas. Poor babies...now we're are fighting diaper rash. Their doctor is wonderful. She is helping us every step of the way.

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. While we have many already, these are just a few of our favorite ones.

Micah lovingly holding McCoy. Now mind you, we sat McCoy on his lap, but he put his hands on him and went in for the hug. It was precious.



Jesse with Macylea at a Christmas Party

 
As we are busy getting ready for our first Christmas as parents to 21 children, we want to pause to say thank you always to God first for blessing us with our children, each and everyone of them. We also want to always remember the many people, both known and unknown who have supported this family. I know that we would never be able to have the family of ours if it was not for each one. Just last week some new yet dear friends dropped off a case of wipes for us. What a blessing. We are going through so many wipes it is unreal. We have had clothes sent to us from near and far just to help with dressing this family of ours. Again, just a small example of people showing us God's love through their love of us.

Please check back soon. I promise to have new picture's posted of Montana post his first round of surgery and his cleft lip repair. He looks wonderful. He still has such a long road ahead of him, but we are all there for him and he will do great.

Love to all.....


.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Erica's says. I love the pic of Micah and McCoy. So incredibly sweet!"
Tammy C. said…
The pictures are precious. Y'all are a precious family. As far as MacyLea is concerned...she is just trying to get settled in. Once her Aunt TammyLea comes to see her, she will be fine! LOL I Love y'all so much sissy1 Miss you. Tammy

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i