Skip to main content

THIRTY YEARS HAVE COME AND GONE


And I still miss her.

I was 28 years old. Merrill and I had just celebrated our 8th anniversary. My mama had sent me a beautiful card and wrote in it that we could celebrate once we were back together....Merrill was away with the military. 

We had one child and my mama was looking into how to help us get pregnant. 

She was strong. She was independent. She was a business woman. She loved the underdog. She loved a challenge. She had a fantastic mind. She made more than her fair share of mistakes. She owned up to them. She was complex. She was passionate. She loved my dad. She hated my dad. She and my dad were nearly an unstoppable team. She had lost a child.

She was 58. She was happy. She was at peace. She was honest to the core. She was a believer. She loved her Lord and Savior.

 She knew July 10th would be a special day. Did she know that was the day she would meet her Savior face to face?? I will never know the answer.

She helped to mold me into the person I am today.

I am strong. I am independent. I am a business women. I love the underdog. I love a challenge. I have a fantastic mind. I have made more than my fair share of mistakes. I own up to them. I am complex. I am passionate. I love Merrill, but have never hated him. Merrill and I are nearly an unstoppable team. I have lost two children.

I am 58. I am happy. I am not always at peace. I am honest to the core. I am a believer. I love my Lord and Savior

I miss you Mama. Thank You for being mine. Thank You for teaching me all you could about life. Thank You for being you. Thank You for setting the bar high. Thank You for showing me how to succeed and how to fail. Thank You for showing me how to hold my head up high and to always be accountable for my actions. Thank You for showing me Christ. One day I will see you again. I love you. Say Hi to daddy.




....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i