Skip to main content

KIDS ARE SO FUNNY

I just love kids. They can make you laugh, cry and then laugh again all in a matter of minutes. Last night we had the absolute honor of being invited to the wedding of the year. It was fancy, long, beautiful, filled with love of all kinds, foods we have never seen and still do not know what they were, dancing, belly dancing, and rich with tradition. Even though we did not understand it all, one thing was obvious, they were happy we were there, we were treated well, the family and friends were all beautiful people and it was a grand time. I am so happy that we as an entire family were invited to attend. A special thank you to a very handsome young man named Jason who saw to it that all of our needs were met.

The wedding was the talk of the evening.....or shall I say late night. We stayed as long as we could keep them upright. We missed the cake cutting, but we danced till we could dance no more. LisaMarie was one happy girl on the dance floor.

Now for the fun part....dinner conversation this evening went like this.....

Mom...when can we go see the princess again? (LisaMarie answers....she was a bride princess, not just a princess) Why does Joseph get to live in a castle? When can we go play with the princess and dance with her again? Will Joseph have another wedding soon so we can go to it in our party clothes? Why do you make us such small birthday cakes....can our next one look like that one? Where do they sleep there? Are you happy you do not have to cook as much food as Joseph has to cook? What kind of food was that food? We loved the rolls.....will you buy us all the rolls we can eat? We want to have all the butter we want too. Why do they sing funny songs there? We did not know those words. If we knew the words we could have sang too. Why do the dancers show their tummies. If they went to Dayton Elementary they would be sent home to change clothes.

How could I not laugh and then nearly cry and then laugh again. We had so much fun. I am so happy that Merrill and I take our children everywhere. I am so happy that no matter what cards they have been dealt, they are living life to the fullest and they get to go to many things that many children will never get to go to.

Thank you Joseph.....thank you for loving us and for believing in us. You are our hero.

I will post pictures tomorrow as I am a little tired tonight.

Comments

Shylent said…
Sounds like you guys had one great evening ! I can't wait to see the pictures !
Anonymous said…
Your kids are the greatest. Your friends are the greatest. Your life is full and awesome and full of wonder. You are so blessed. I love y'all so much. Someday sissy, someday! Love Tammy
sk8erbrittay16 said…
OOO MY GOSH ME & MY MOM STILL THINK U GUYS R AMAZING. ALL THAT U DO , IT JUST AMAZING. I LOVE ALL OF U GUYS TO DEATH, I WOULD DO ANYTHING 4 U GUYS. YALL JUST ROXK MY SOX OFF. WELL I LOVE YALL SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH (AGAIN)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANT WAIT TO SEE YALL!!!
SORRY FOR THE TEXT LINGO IM SO USED 2 IT OK WELL BI
:)

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i