Skip to main content

We Finally Celebrated our Big Day!!!

Before my mama died, 22 years ago, she sent me a card for our 8th anniversary. She wrote in the card for me to remember that we could celebrate the date any day, not just on the special day. This came about because Merrill and I were not together for our 8th Anniversary. He was active duty and Michael and I were in Maryland.

As many of you know, we had our 30 anniversary, but we did nothing as I was still totally out of it. So about two weeks ago I started seeing commercials about this place called Joe's Crab Shack. Not sure if you have ever heard of one....I never had. Well, in my pea brain, I figure out that it is in Reno and this is where I want the two of us to go for our anniversary dinner. I love sea food and this place looks like fun. So Merrill says well where is it. I said Reno and he has to make sure...why do men have to think they are so smart?

Well, he was right...they are all over, but the closest to us are Las Vegas :o( and Sacramento. Okay, three hours away, I am all for it, this is where we are going :O) Merrill had his own ideas. Yeppers, he was willing to take me to Sacramento to go to some place we have never heard of till I saw the commercials and just thought it would be fun. He would take Friday off and we could do it then. He only asked one thing....okay fair enough......Do you feel well enough to ride the Boss Hoss?

My oh my, is he actually kidding....three hours each way of no talking....no music, looking at his black leather back.....hot....sweaty....hair looking not good when you get there no matter what you do?????? Well, I guess since it took two of us to get married, this needed to be fun for both of us. So I said, I will cinch up the binder, take the meds and lets go for it. We did.

It was a fun ride....I at least got new ear buds for the Ipod. I did pretty good all the way there. Was getting sore on the way back, but all in all it was okay. I was so hot that he had to stop in Folsom as I thought I was going to pass out. We do not have the latest and greatest in leather wear :o) If we did mine would be comfort controlled to a cool 70 degrees at all times. The back seat would be more along the lines of a recliner with a much softer sitting area. A TV or laptop would be standard with all models. You would be able to drink something without stopping and nearly totally undressing to just get enough to tide you over for the next 60 to 80 miles.

Now about Joe's Crab Shack...how much fun can you have eating sea food. It was a great place and we enjoyed it totally. We met a super couple from San Francisco....long story, but in the end they left, we still ate slowly and enjoyed our time there. Shock of all shocks, they had paid for our meal as they were leaving. Again, long story, but what a special blessing.

Here are a few pictures...not too good as the sun was really in the wrong place...but I wanted proof ......


The River Walk Behind Me

Merrill and I with our Crab Bibs :o)
Me still sitting, but wanting a picture
Merrill and I with the bike

So there you have it....still crazy after all these years. I am so happy I found this man. Thank You Sonny....where ever you are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are the luckiest woman I know and NOT just because you're my sister! Just kidding Merrill. Y'all are so lucky to have each other. Two crazy , lovable, wonderful,lucky people. And I'm lucky cos your my sissy and bro in law. Love you both so much! Tammy
Shylent said…
I hope my DH and I are are crazy *cough* I mean as happy as you two are after 30 years of marriage ;o)

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed yourself and how sweet the other couple paid for your dinner ! I love random acts of kindness !
Anonymous said…
I’m jealous…Love the bib…Lee

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i