Skip to main content

SNOW, SNOW....I LOVE SNOW

I love this picture that Merrill took of me. You can see my smile which is a mile wide and you can see that it is snowing. Just how fun is all of that???

We did it again. It is one of our most favorite things to do....go to the snow. Many people love the warmer weather, but my oh my, I so love the snow. Merrill and I took a few days off from the hustle and bustle of children and our life and went up to Lake Tahoe to enjoy the snow and the snow activities. This was the view outside of our cabin.


I have to admit, this just makes my heart sing. Inside and out. There is nothing I love better than all of this snow, a fire in the fireplace and getting all warm and snuggly. That is just what we did. Merrill had booked a snowmobile ride for us on Valentine's Day. We went to a new place that we have never used before. Again, it was another winner.




That night we went to a local resort to have dinner. Instead of getting a little quiet, out of the way, romantic table, we sat right next to the end of the bar. My, what another wonderful choice for the two of us, non drinkers....LOL. We enjoyed the flurrie of activity as the bartenders were making drinks left and right, fast as they could. We got so caught up in watching them that we were there for over two hours and time just flew bye.

For our next day there, Merrill had made arrangements to go on a dogsled ride. This is something that neither of us have done and it seemed like it would be a blast....well, maybe not for the dogs, but oh well. Anyway, the ride was cancelled to all of the snow that was happening everywhere. I guess that the dogs need to have a path way to go on and with the snow there just was not one. Well, maybe next time.

Before we knew it, it was time to head home, back to life as we know it. The children were glad to have us home and the reality of it all is that we were happy to be home. NO matter how much you love getting away, there is something about being in your own bed, with all of your own noises to hear and to worry about, your family and your routine. It is great to get away, but it is great to get back also.

Not to mention, Merrill was tickled to have DVR to tape Daytona. HAHA.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You must really love the snow. That is more than I would ever want to see in a life time. You two look like you had a lot of fun.
Anonymous said…
Sissy, I too love the snow, but only for a short time. It's great to get out and snowmobile or ski for awhile but then I want to go inside and enjoy it from the warmth of a cozy little area with a roaring fire and a cup of hot cocoa. The one you love snuggled up beside you. Aah, the good life!
Love ya! Tammy

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i