Skip to main content

I MUST TO LEARN TO NEVER SAY...NEVER!!!

It seems to me that every time I say NEVER, I eat those words rather quickly. When Michael was little, I said we were lucky as he really NEVER spilled his drinks. I think he spilled every glass of milk for the next six months. Of course I had not clue about that then, so I said we were lucky he NEVER wet his bed, that he potty trained almost over night. Well, he went on to wet the bed for months. Next it went on that Michael NEVER bit a child...yeppers you got it, he started biting. Merrill asked me then to stop saying NEVER.


Well, I am a rather slow learner. About 11 or 12 years ago I said we would NEVER adopt another girl, unless of course God delivered her on the door step with the adoption certificate signed....never underestimate the humor from above, before you knew it, We had LisaMarie and the rest is history.


So, why am I writing about this. Well, let me tell you. We were 50 and 52 years old when we were gifted with Maverick. Who would have thought that Merrill and I would get to adopt a baby at that stage in our lives. He has brought us so much joy. He is funny, full of life, as stubborn as the day is long, loving, adventurous, and as his name stated, furiously independent. Really, there is no way to better end this adoption run that with a child like Maverick. Well, lets just say that you are too tired after adopting a child like Maverick :o)


So, for the past year I have cleared out the baby things. All clothes smaller than Maverick...gone. Baby toys....gone. Baby blankets.....gone. Baby towels....gone. Anything that says infant....gone. More room, more freedom, more time on my hands. It is all good :o)


I have told everyone I know that we NEVER adopt another baby. Yes, we would more than likely adopt again, just not a baby. There is that word again...NEVER

Now, let me introduce to you the youngest member of our family.....MONTANA




Montana is two weeks old and he is working hard to get to come home. His entire family is so excited about getting him home. About the biggest hurdle he will face once home is that MacGyver thinks his name is one word..."HannahMontana"...LOL We will keep working on that. So now this Mom is busy getting baby things again. Blankets, sleepers, towels...everything that says infant.

In the mean time your prayers are, as always appreciated. Montana has a lot of medical things he must go through and he will need this family to help him every step of the way. We know that we can count on you.


Love to all


.

Comments

Christy said…
So beautiful! You are wonderful people. Montana is so lucky he got you. I hope he gets to come home soon and that God gives you all the strength and energy you're going to need!

Congratulations!
Tracy said…
Beautiful, Roberta! I admire you and Merrill so much - you're just the most inspirational people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting/knowing (even if it hasn't been in person!. I hope all the goodness you do will come back to you in three fold - you so deserve it!
Much love to you and your lovely family.... ♥
Ayden said…
Oh my gosh Robera... what a surprise and everyone is so lucky all around. congratulations... I hope that he comes home soon!! ((hugs))
Karin Kysilka said…
oh, craniofacial babies are my favorite. (I'm a little biased.) They start out cute and just get cuter. One lucky kiddo, that is for sure.

All our love, Karin, Mark and Alex
Wendy Green said…
Roberta what great news. Another baby in your household. He is very lucky to get you and Merrill as parents. Congrats on your newest addition. He is a handsome little guy.
Wendy Green said…
Roberta what great news. Another baby in your household. He is very lucky to get you and Merrill as parents. Congrats on your newest addition. He is a handsome little guy.
Erica said…
Montana is BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to meet him!

Congratulations!
Susan said…
What a sweetheart he is. So cute! I don't know how you find it in you Roberta. 3 is enough for me. 19, well I just can't imagine. I have a feeling all the baby stuff you need will come your way. Best of luck and congrats! And I'm glad to see you are blogging again.
Tammy said…
Ok,Ok, I admit it, you are so blessed to have little Montana joining your family, and he is one very blessed little baby to get you as his mommy and y'all as his family. However, I am the MOST blessed because I get to be Montana's Aunt! Not to mention the coolest Aunt your kids have! :o)
Kristy Martin said…
ROBERTA OH MY GOD he's beautiful. Congratulations, my sweet friend. You are truly supermom.
Rene D said…
Roberta!!! You sly fox. He's beautiful! I love the name. :) Congratulations!!
Sarah Eaton said…
awww, he's a cutie! I always say never right after giving birth so maybe I need to stop saying it too, LOL.
Sue said…
Wow! Congratulations!!
Michelle Fullerton said…
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying that your special little guy can come home soon!!!!!!!!
Julie W. said…
aaaaw!
Carmen said…
OMG! Congratulations! He is a blessed child with the 2 of you as parents and all his brothers and sisters.
Suzanne said…
Congratulations, Roberta!

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i