Skip to main content

A MILLION REASONS WHY NOT


You know, there are a million reasons why Merrill and I should not adopt another baby...trust me, we know them all. We have talked about many of them and each and every one of them are very good reasons. We were not looking for Montana or any other baby for that matter. But I guess Montana was looking for us.

It is funny, when you do something just a bit different than most people, for example, adopting a whole lot of children rather than 2 or 6 or even 8, there is an entire group of people that want to tell you why you are wrong to do what you do. It happened yesterday. Someone asked me if I had even stopped to think about how old I was going to be when Montana was 18. Why ask that question? I know how OLD I am when he is just shy of three weeks, of course I know how old I will be in 18 years. Thank Goodness my parents were able to afford a great education for me and Merrill had the same :o)

Is it really necessary to suggest that he would be better off with younger parents? Merrill and I already know that we will have to do things differently than our much younger counterparts. We will move a bit slower, maybe forget a thing or two, even look like his grand parents. Still when Jesus has a plan, He will give you everything you need to fulfill His Plan. Yes, there will be bumps and yes there will be roadblocks and yes we will even be old. But we know His plan is perfect. We only wish that we were also.

Montana will grow up surrounded with love and a lot of brothers and sisters who do not even see his so called problems. He will have parents that are not afraid of his needs and are willing to roll up their sleeves to help him become all he can. We are ready to help him in school to get whatever help he needs.

Yes, JESUS. He is the reason Merrill and I do what it is we do. We love our family and we love this life. Trust me when I say there are more harder times than it easier, but usually that is about dealing with the outside issues and not here in our home.

When you think of our family, will you pray for us?  Will you just lift us up when our name crosses your mind? God has always provided for us. He sends in the people we seem to need when we really need them. Right now the needs list is on the rise again and we are trusting Him to work it all out.

Love to each of you and we will pray that God pours out His blessings on all.

.

Comments

Anonymous said…
much love from your son marshal love you all very much
Anonymous said…
Roberta and Merrill,

This breaks my heart! I know that person probably meant well, but they must not have an understanding of the fact that God's ways are not our ways. When my husband, Wayne, was born to a 15 year old teen who could not take care of him....his grandparents stepped in and took him, loved him, prayed for him and asked God to keep them alive to see him grown. His grandparents were 52 when he was born and his grandmother lived to see all my children born. I know it was an undertaking for them and this is for you too, especially since you have so many others at home, but what they gave to Wayne was a chance at a good life...a hope...a future and he has been a pastor for 35 years....changing so many lives. We don't know the plans God has for Montana, but they are good plans and if He hand picked you to be his parents, then how can any of us question it! I am so grateful that Wayne's grandparents said "yes" to him! I love you and I pray for your strength! Love, Lori Gooden
Erica said…
There are always a million reasons for why not but LOVE is the reason why. Jesus has blessed your family again with an opportunity to show His love.

I am thrilled for you!
HeatherRea1111 said…
Congratulations on your new son! He is beautiful! My son was born with a cleft also. Many blessings sent your way!

Popular posts from this blog

JUNE 30, 1978

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! How does one even begin to express the joy that I feel in my heart and soul for being blessed to have been married to the most wonderful man for 30 years? The bottom line, I can't Anything I write here is a feeble attempt to try to convey what is in my heart. My cup truly runneth over. My wishes, that both of my parents were alive to see this day. My daddy came close, my mom not so. They had their doubts about Merrill and in the end they both knew that he was all that I ever really needed and in him I could really have everything I ever dreamed of. How does one really reflect over the past 30 years of life. Life in and of itself is just amazing. We all go through up and downs. We all face day to day challenges that at times we are not sure we will ride it out. Many times we lose the battles, but in the end we really win the war. We have had to say goodbye to so many people that we loved and cherished. Some of those went in a proper time frame, many of tho

TOTALLY AMAZING NEWS

WOW, first of all, I am in shock with the email that I have received. It is unreal that someone even thinks this highly about this family. We see us as a mom and a dad to many children...that is true....but something this wonderful...well, I am not sure about that. Rather than try to explain it, here are excerpts from the email.... The nationwide famous and wealthy PEW Foundation contacted us at Sierra Association of Foster Families.. they asked us to give them info on a family in Nevada who has adopted children and who is AN OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FAMILY in our state.. I wrote the nomination about you two.. and your family WHEN you win.. you will be invited ( i'm sure all expenses paid) to Capital Hill to receive the CONGRESSIONAL COALITION ADOPTION ANGEL AWARD and a big dinner with the politicians including maybe... First Lady Laura Bush..so.. you are nominated per us at SAFF... tell your children.. put it on your blog..to us the Merrill Simon Family is the OUTSTANDING ADOPTIVE FA

JERICHO'S LIFE MATTERS

These three little words that I posted on Facebook evoked a lot of emotions. Jericho's life matters. Why did I post those words?? Reality, Jericho had emergency surgery on July 8th. As I am writing this, he is still in PICU on a vent with no end in near sight. He is one sick boy, not a little boy, but soon to be an 18 year old man. I felt that the ones who should care about Jericho, did not. I felt that the ones that should be visiting Jericho were not. Bottom line, I spoke out as a mom in pain, hurting and tired. But you know what, God is in control. A wonderful person reminded me not to let negative thoughts enter my mind. She was and is right, but still, Jericho's life matters. Jericho has Cornelia de Lange. He also has PICA. PICA is what put him here. It is the uncontrolled need to eat things that are non food items. We spend each and every day pulling things out of Jericho's mouth. Even the younger kids know to holler when they see Jericho trying to eat something. It i